Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
You need advice while restoring your Magnette or it makes unknown noises since the last outing? And you haven't found the answer on our tech-website? Ask the experts around the world!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rear window regulators

Rear window regulators 8 years 7 months ago #599

• Deano
  • Fresh Boarder
The regulators are ok I may try new fuzzies in the channels. Thanks for offer but I am in NZ.
Cheers Rachel
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rear window regulators 8 years 7 months ago #598

• JONES21
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi
Are the problems you have on both rear doors, the glass can glued into the channel , or I may have a couple of spare drop glass left and right, assumming you are in the UK of course. The regulators I may also have spares left and right
Best regards
Trevor

Rear window regulators 8 years 7 months ago #596

• Deano
  • Fresh Boarder
Adding to my problem with the rear windows. I have one side where the window is loose and comes away from the runner as I wind the window down. I have tried moving the the bottom of the runner over as much as i can but the window still has a lot of play in the runners. Any ideas on how to rectify this. If I put pressure on one side of the window as I wind it down it goes down easily but I would like it work normally and not have to do that. PS I don't think it's anything to do with the springs in the regulator now it the windows in the runners.

Rear window regulators 9 years 3 weeks ago #459

• Deano
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I am having problems with the springs on my rear window regulators 1957 ZB. I removed the regulators to clean and add a little oil to and the spring fell out as I was removing the NS Rear regulator. I thought I knew which way it went back on but upon refitting the regulators I could wind the window half way down then hit some resistance with the OS one I could continue winding with a little pressure and a click but the NS one gets half way down then won't budge. Can anyone please explain how the regulators should work and which way round does the spring fit a photo would be great please. I can see when I have the regulators removed that the spring upon turning does come away from the bent out metal lip and when rewinding back sometimes catches on this lip. I am thinking that this has something to do with the operation when refitted to the door. I am getting frustrated as I really want the windows to run smoothly so I can refit the door cards and get on with putting the car back together. Any help I would be most grateful. Rachel
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds