Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
You need advice while restoring your Magnette or it makes unknown noises since the last outing? And you haven't found the answer on our tech-website? Ask the experts around the world!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rear hub removal

Rear hub removal 8 years 7 months ago #526

• Murray
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Trevor, thank you, that is a really nice offer and one I shall take you up on as soon as I have time to do the job. Just fitting the rear belts now, finished the front ones. Got a 1800, 3 brg engine on the way and a 5 speed kit ready here, it's going to be a busy winter!
Thanks again, I shall be in touch later.
Murray
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rear hub removal 8 years 8 months ago #524

• JONES21
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Murray
If you remove the half shaft, remove the 8 sided nut you need a special spanner to remove this, a normal spanner will not fit, I do have one , if you want to borrow it, if you cover the postage and leave a deposit.
With the nut removed if you then can use the halfshaft backwards and a large socket, put 2 of the wheel nuts on the studs and gently do the huts up and the bearing housing will come off.
Trevor

Rear hub removal 8 years 8 months ago #523

• Murray
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am going to be replacing the rear oil seals on the back axle. I do not have the special tools supposedly required for hub removal.
How have you managed to remove said hub and is there anything I need to look out for in case of damage or anything else.
Thanks
Murray
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds